Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Can you multitask?


Being on the go is one thing. Living an active life, jumping from point A to point B and so-forth can be a daunting, but with the addition of politics, multitasking takes on a whole new meaning. From my own personal experience at the convention, multitasking has brought on a whole new meaning. 
My brief reprieve came at 5 p.m. this afternoon, after walking a mile to sit down and eat a meal at a small pub. But I never really quit working in the last 13 hours. I can see how journalists will acknowledge they are addicts to the professions, especially after today. 
This morning was too long ago to remember the specifics, other then my alarm was somewhere around the hour of 4 a.m. Was at the van by 6:15 a.m. 
By 8 a.m. I found myself shaking hands with former Mayor Shirley Franklin, and interviewed by local Atlanta news.  Today brought new meaning to journalism, packing up my gear, remaining professionally dressed, meeting deadlines, and working around others that were under a similar crunch. 
The day though still involves at least another six hours, until I can call myself off the job for a brief few hours. The next story is waiting to be found and told. So here shortly the break will be over and it'll be back to actively working again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment