Thursday, September 6, 2012

Today marks the second to last day of an exciting week and I'm sad to see it come to a close. Lucky for us, our group members have really bonded and enjoyed each other's company.  I think we have all learned so much just from talking among ourselves, which has proved to be very rewarding. Even though we never made it to the "prime-time" part of the convention, I saw way more action this week than I ever anticipated. Seeing so many people of power speak live and in person has added a lot to the convention just in terms of giving faces to the issues; you really can't underestimate the power of a quality endorsement and a persuasive speaker. Further, the opportunity to talk to delegates, more specifically the Georgia delegation, was a great learning experience and chance to network.  They were very willing to talk to us and help us with our research.  I appreciate how receptive they were to our attendance, as well. I look forward to sharing my experience with others when I return, as I view attending the convention as a great way to see politics happen. I am also excited to continue to expand the knowledge base I have gained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment