Monday, September 3, 2012

Day two at the DNC

Great day!!! It was extremely hot but overall I enjoyed myself. My roommate Gillian and I got the opportunity to hear reverend Jesse Jackson speak at the Congressional black caucus today; what an amazing experience! Never in a million years did I every think that I would get a chance to do so. After the caucus, we ventured out to get a few surveys completed; I considered this a success, given that I managed to get ten delegates to participate. Afterwards we got the chance to participate in a a media and politics discussion hosted by the Bloomberg network. By the time that was over the entire group was exhausted! Yet we managed to find some energy somewhere and get ready for the black tie event hosted by the Georgia Democratic Party. This was probably the highlight of our trip so far; we got the chance to meet civil right activist Joseph Lowery and his wife! And take pictures with them. We then made a brief trip to the youth reception hosted by the DNC then returned to our room. I am personally exhausted but still exited for what is to come... What a great day! Despite the rain and the heat I had a great time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment