Thursday, August 30, 2012

Condi In the House

We are now halfway through the convention events, and the opportunities we have all been allowed to experience are nothing short of awesome.

This afternoon, I had an interview with one of the Georgia delegates that I have gotten to speak with several times this week about the issues the country is facing, and it was really insightful to learn what she thought. I decided after meeting her the first day that I would write a profile on her, so I'm glad we were able to work out a time to do the interview in between her busy schedule and the speeches this week.

Tonight we saw the second day's speeches, which included Senator John McCain, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and a keynote speech by Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan. Condoleezza's speech was one of the most inspiring from the entire convention so far, and reaffirmed the reason why I respect her. As it gets closer to Mitt Romney's speech on Thursday, the entire party seems more and more pumped up about what is to come.

I've learned a lot so far about the whole convention process, and look forward to seeing it go out with a bang tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment