Friday, August 31, 2012

Tampa, It's Been Fun...


Today has completely exceeded my expectations.  This morning, we all attended the Georgia delegate breakfast and meeting. It was an amazing opportunity to find out how things operate while delegates are at a convention.  We were fortunate enough to have the United States, Speaker of the House, John Boehner speak to us.  

I've seen/heard Boehner speak in person before (at the convention earlier this week), but it was very special to hear him speak in a room of around 250 people.  After the breakfast and delegate meeting, Dr. Swint and I returned to the hotel, where I sent a few emails and took care of some things before we went back into town. 

After dinner, Dr. Swint, Steven and I walked to the building where the Politico event was being held.  When I walked into the loft-style room, I knew that everything Chase had said about the Politico lounge was true.  They were live streaming a broadcast from the lounge, and had televisions screens broadcasting the convention. When Clint Eastwood took the stage, everyone started paying attention. I tweeted about Senator Marco Rubio's encounter with Eastwood's water (check it out @kylemchappell).  Anyway, Mitt Romney delivered a very touching speech that focused on his personal life.  

We just arrived back to our hotel from the final delegation event at the Grand Hyatt.  I am incredibly grateful to the Georgia GOP and the faculty and administration at Kennesaw State University for setting this up and being so incredibly accommodating to us.  We have had such an incredible time!  Tomorrow we will be heading back to Kennesaw; and while I am not sure if I'm ready to give up the life of a guest at a National Party Convention, I am sure of one thing:  A person can actually function on 4-5 hours of sleep every night for at least a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment