Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Stories Behind Faces

       On Sunday morning Chairman Sue Everhart announced to the Georgia Delegation that there were students present from Kennesaw State University in need of interviews. Shortly after that I met attorney Brad Carver and he informed me that he would like to be interviewed at some point this week. Today I did a little research on the man who brought his delegate wife and young child to the RNC.

       Carver is a partner at Hall, Booth, Smith and Slover, P.C. in Atlanta. One area of practice that Carver specializes in is economic development and negotiating tax incentives, helping international clients to locate their opeations in Georgia. Learning this I better understood why Carver's face lit up when I first noticed him smiling in regard to Governor Deal's comments on the importance of having a President who makes it clear what international companies can expect and plan for when considering bringing their business to our country. I also discovered that Carver is a Major in the US Army, who has earned the Bronze Star Medal for his participation in combat operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.

       I look forward to learning more about our delegate hosts in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment