Monday, August 27, 2012

Press Credential Connections


This morning I received a call from my Aunt Tommie-Ann saying that she might be able to swing some press credentials for today. My Aunt is Director of Circulation at the Tampa Tribune and has press access. My first thought was this would be an amazing opportunity to get a lay of the land of the convention center and see how media is done during a national event.

My Aunt was able to wrestle up twp press credentials by early afternoon so Sara Lynn and I went down to the Convention Center to take a inside look.
Our Press Credential Pass

When we first pulled up to the Convention Center in the Tampa Tribune shuttle, we had to show our press credentials four times while Army, National Guard, and various other law enforcement agencies checked the car for any form of threats. You hear about how tight security is at these events, but until you really witness it first hand it makes you truly realize how intense and necessary it is.


Sara Lynn and I when we first walked in to the Convention Center
Down on radio row we were able to meet Speaker Newt Gingrich and John Voight, as well as see Mitch McConnell.
Speaker Gingrich, Sara Lynn, and I

John Voight and I after one of his radio interviews 

People were so willing to talk with us. Just sitting at a charging station I was able to get my video story on Marty Gallagher, a PAC chairman.
Marty Gallagher and his wife at the charging station. 

Overall today was such a wonderful experience and I look forward to the days ahead. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog posting. You blog is very informative. Thanks for sharing such information about press credentials.

    ReplyDelete