Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Writing and Fixing at Hotel


           Today for the political convention I had the opportunity to do a one- on- one phone interview with Catherine Bernard. During the course of the interview I had the chance to talk about her career as a lawyer and why she got involved into politics. Most importantly, she personally explained what she believed must be done in order to improve government leadership in the U.S.
            On Monday, I had the privilege to get to know Mr. Henry Schwab. He is a self-made businessman who owns his own architect company. Again, I was able to talk to him so I could set up a time in order to interview him in person on Wednesday. During that time I will be able to video the interview and post it at the Kennesaw Communications website.
            For the rest of the day I spent my time at my hotel writing feature stores and meeting deadlines. For the feature stories, I interviewed Bryan Miller and Dan Israel. In the feature about Bryan Miller, I wrote about his involvement in the Republican convention and why he decided to have a career in politics. As for Dan Israel, I was able to get an inside look in to how the State Board of Education works and what they are trying to accomplish in Georgia schools. However, the most important aspect of Israel’s interview was the integration of new technology in the schools and its effects on school budget cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment