Monday, August 27, 2012

First Full Day in Tampa=AWESOME

Today was our first full day in Tampa, and it was AWESOME! I woke up around 9:00am to go to breakfast, and we waited for Dr. Swint to tell us where our next move would be. Around 12:00pm, Dr. Swint called me, and he told us that we would be leaving at 1:30pm for the Grand Hyatt Hotel in which that hotel is hosting the Georgia delegation. Before we left for the delegation hotel, I had an opportunity to be interviewed by Connie Cummings from the radio news station 106.7 about our research at the convention! After the interview, we loaded up our van, and we started our day at the delegation hotel. Our political science group spent about four hours at the hotel meeting delegates and many different people involved in the Georgia delegation. I also had the opportunity to meet the newly elected state house representative, Charles Gregory! I also ran into some familiar faces from Paulding County politics such as Paulding GOP Chairman Joseph Gullett, and President of Arc 3 Communications, Patrick Burns. After spending four hours at the delegation hotel, our group ate a local restaurant called Bungalow. The food was delicious! After eating at Bungalow, we headed back to the delegation hotel for the AT&T reception for the Georgia Delegation and guests. This reception was the best part of my day! It took place on top of the hotel, and the view was magnificent. Also, it was a great networking opportunity because I meet so many people involved at many different levels in the Republican Party. For example, I really enjoyed talking to the Cobb County GOP Chairman, Joe Dendy, and we also had the pleasure of meeting of Sue Everhart, Chairman of the Georgia GOP! Last, I had the pleasure of meeting Rob Doll, Romney/Ryan 3rd District Chair, and he is heavily involved in the Republican Party. Therefore, it has been a great day, and I am excited to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment