Friday, August 31, 2012

Final Day


            The very last day was the most exciting day of the entire week. Starting with breakfast at the Hyatt, all political science students and communication students had a great meal. While eating, Georgia delegates spoke briefly about the convention and the future of the Republican Party. During the breakfast, we had a surprise speech from John Boehner.
            At 5:00 p.m. I was waiting to get on a tour bus to go down to the Tampa Bay Times Forum where I get to see my first convention of the week. Riding down to the forum, I was able to see some areas of Tampa. Since I have never been to Tampa before, getting to see every road and building was very exciting. When the bus finally reached the forum, the atmosphere and people was nothing like I seen before. It is very different to see it live in person, rather than on TV.
            When the ceremony began, it was like a rock concert. The most impressive part of the convention was the speeches. Every person who spoke had their own language that made each speech unique and special to their story.
             For this convention, it is impossible to pick a favorite speech. Every speech had its own flavor that represented Romney as a caring husband, father, and friend. However, Romney’s speech will stick in my mind for a very long time. For many years I have watched presidential speeches on TV to stay current with what’s going on in the world. I have also been fascinated with presidential speeches and the work they entail. Being able to witness Romney speak publicly to me is a dream come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment