Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Grand Finale

Today is the last day of the convention, and it has already been a blast. I woke up this morning around 8:45am and got ready for my full day at the convention. We left our hotel for the delegation hotel at 9:40am, and we arrived in time to enjoy the delegate breakfast and meeting. Today’s breakfast was held in honor for Georgia Speaker of the House, David Ralston. Speaker Ralston. addressed the meeting, and after his address, we had the opportunity to listen to Speaker John Boehner address the crowd. He was a great speaker, and his jokes are hilarious.
We also had the opportunity to hear other guest speakers such as a former Governor of Utah. After the breakfast, we spoke with Joe Dendy, Cobb County GOP Chair, about the upcoming events of the day. Once the mingling was over, half of our group headed back to the hotel, and the rest of us were hanging out at the hotel until the Sam Olens reception at 2:45pm. I know I am writing this blog early in the day, but I figured that I would blog about my expectations for the rest of the day. I am very excited to go to the Sam Olens reception, and hopefully, I will get the opportunity to meet more delegates and influential people within the Republican Party. Our bus leaves for the convention forum at 5:00pm which I am very excited about the “grand finale” night of the GOP convention. I am very excited to hear Mitt Romney’s speech and to figure out who the mystery speaker will be. Last, I am also looking forward to attending the closing reception tonight after the convention! I will write another blog update tomorrow once I return to Georgia. Follow me on Twitter for live convention update @cduvall2 !

No comments:

Post a Comment